Sunday 22 May 2011

Inspiration

What inspires you?  Browsing through the blogs, I noticed an 'inches' challenge - literally inch square images/toppers.  This made me think about some of my first stamps, of Winnie The Pooh.  So I starting searching through my stamps and spent the last few days stamping. 
The end result is not an inchie, but is a card that I plan to give my husband for our wedding anniversry, at the end of the month.  He and I met whilst we were working in the operating department; I was a qualified staff nurse and he was a student - I gave him a list of drugs to learn and he gave me a Tigger poem!  So Winnie The Pooh has a special place in our hearts!
I plan to enter this in Craftymess's sketch challenge for May.  I'm not sure if there is enough embossing for it to go in Crafty Cardmakers embossing challenge.
Project Description; I have used Core'dinations (Nostalgia cardstock).  Old Winnie The Pooh stamp, mounted on Nellie's multiframe edges distressed with Tim Holtz Tea dye and triple embossed, spare cardstock stitched onto Core'dinations which has been hand embossed to give it a border, green (Core'dinations) panel embossed with a Cuttlebug border - edges torn.  Small green square is from Crafter's Companion CD, edges embossed with Cuttlebug boder and cut into shape, stitched in place.  Quikutz swirls, Marianne creatable die cut flower shapes, on Core'dinations and cut-out button sewn in place.  3 small gem heart embellishments added. 
This card will also be added to my course work for a local Art and Craft course run in the village by Cornwall College.
Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment